Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Asian Zing

A fun doodle on a really pink card.  Yep!  I have to admit some days it's kind of hard to come up with a great post.  Nothing is really happening.  As Elmer Fudd says.... "It's vewy, vewy quiet!"  But I guess that is a good thing, no drama.

DH is working in Columbus Ohio for two days, and again some time next week and then after that he is working in NYC.  I went and had an x-ray done on my lower spine yesterday.  I really hope they find something because this pain and discomfort has to go.  I've got (so strange to say) floors to clean and gardens to weed, furniture to be moved and swept under... it's a full cycle.... you sit more cuz the back hurts, but then you have more time to see all the things you can't do.
Yesterday I found it quite humorous as I was watering my hanging fuscia plants.  Since it is difficult to hold a full watering can, I leverage myself on a chair. And as I'm pouring and pouring.... lifting the can higher the water is NOT coming out.  I make an adjustment on the nozzle, but it still seems weird.  But I'm able to drip a little into the baskets.  I go back to the hose for a refill and to my surprise as fresh new water is pouring in, this soused, doused waterlogged little froggie climbs out the opening looking bewildered.  He must have been in the watering spout and going along for quite a ride as I kept on tipping it higher and higher.  The rush of water trying to pass by him as he hung on for dear life at the end of the spout trying to get air.  This little froggie had to jump up two porch steps, then the height of a bench, maybe 16" then up the watering can another 12 inches to the hole.  Well, I guess those dudes climb with their suction cup fingers.  I made him hop away into my garden so I could finish at least one job! But can you imagine what it was like inside the can as I was tipping it back and  forth trying to pour water out and shaking it and re-adjusting it.  He must have felt he was on a tidal wave.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin