Friday, August 16, 2013

Lucky Lefty

One of my favorite quotes is from the creator of the comic strip Calvin & Hobbes, Bill Watterson...
 
“You know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change, but pretty soon...everything's different.” 
Ain't that the truth??
 
And the above picture is one of my favorite paintings I did for my he♥art journal.  LIFE is certainly an adventure!!
 
Knowledge is power!
 
I love to learn every day!
 

I can't explain in words how excited I am to write my daily blog posts about my LIFE'S simple pleasures of 2013. 
 
I hope you have enjoyed some of my adventures and have taken time to explore the little things around you that are just so amazing!!
 
Week #33 LIFE'S Simple pleasures - left handedness (embracing the uniqueness that is you!)
 
I admit it! My condition is Sinistrality. 
 
It sounds truly authentic and almost mysterious.  I am left handed.  Although I favor my left hand in writing and some day to day tasks, I don't think I'm officially ambidextrous, able to use both hands equally. I used to be able to write on a chalkboard with both hands at the same time, they were mirrored images of each other (sort of), part of that backward thinking.
 
This is where I think a lot of young people gain their confusion as children.  ( I
 know I did as a child)
 
You are born with a dominant preference to either the right or left side.  If a child is dominant in their left hand they are more often taught by and have tools (scissors, pencil sharpeners, desks, ringed binders) that are designed for 90% of the population, the right handers.  Thus, they have to either feel awkward using those products, or adapt to using both hands.  One percent of the population is truly ambidextrous: able to use both hands equally.  And most lefties are multi-handed: ability to use both hands to some degree.  Righties mostly do everything with their right hand (boring!!!)

 
So, as I finish out this week.... I wanted to post a few pictures of my newest creations... a Pinterest SUCCESS  (highlighted in Week #15) ... it's all the rage and the hottest fall craze.... a burlap wreath for the front door.  Using my 'right' brain.... many lefties are creative in music and art... I think that is a true fact about me!!  And so excited too.... the entire wreath cost me only $15.... I used coupons and most everything was 40% off at Hobby Lobby!!!
 
 
Left-handers are wired into the artistic half of the brain, which makes them imaginative, creative, surprising, ambiguous, exasperating, stubborn, emotional, witty, obsessive, infuriating, delightful, original, but never, never, dull.” James T deKay
 
Now go out there and BRIGHTEN SOMEONE'S DAY!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin