Thursday, December 05, 2013

I Saw the Signs

A sign on the door of opportunity reads PUSH.

 
Week #49 LIFE'S simple pleasures - a sign
 
I could almost be a Semioticist!  I am truly fascinated by the study of something that stands for something to someone in some capacity. 
 
The definition almost sounds like me when I don't know what I'm talking about!!
 
Because I often say I like clever words and pretty things . . . I have found a different way of crossing the boundaries and finding an aha moment.  Maybe all along with my play on words, my desire to  sparkle and my whimsical creative doodles....I have been dabbling in Semiotics and never realized it.
 
It is truly more complicated than I thought.  So, I did a google search on Semiotics for Dummies and basically what I found is that everything has a meaning within a culture.  Anyone who is into social media should have a basic understanding of Semiotics. 
 
Signs are everywhere!
 
Literally and figuratively!!

 
I think Semiotics and Statistics could go hand in hand. 
 
Right now in all my excitement of discovering yet another meaning.... all part of LIFE'S....Learning, Inspiring, Feeling, Evolving, and Shining.... all of this sounds so, or too scientific for me!  Maybe if I was 30 years younger and saw the signs back then.... who knows what meaning makers I could have discovered!!!
 
All I know for sure is that I decoded the Year of  2013 as one... to find the significance of the simple pleasures that are part of my LIFE!
 
A smile on the face is a sign that the heart is at home! ♥
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin