Thursday, March 03, 2011

A little bit of this (long)

- Not like the others
- I said so

So, please.... I would never want to become a hoarder, (those shows are like a train wrecks on tv, you can't help but watch and be just totally in shock by all the s&*#) but I'm still at the age where I like to look at things that make me happy. I have a few toys from my childhood, or the kids' childhood that I just like. For instance Furby. He sits in my room, all dusty, I think there is something sticky on one of his fuzzy wuzzy ears, peanut butter maybe?.... fast asleep like Rip VanWinkle.... it would totally freak me out if his eyes opened and he started talking gibberish. Battery power surge!

Garbage day, one of my pet peeves because I walk my dogs daily and I observe. When the directions all over the lid of our city provided garbage cans say.... Please put this side toward the street..... why? why? can't people do that? Okay, so you were too lazy to try and smoosh something in the bin, so you put it on top of the lid.... how do you expect the long arm of the garbage retriever to balance the bin with your crap 'on top' as it tries to lift it to dump in the trucks bin. Thirdly... okay lean up more trash on the side of the bin all over your driveway....cuz I'm sure the garbage man wants to weed through the difference between garbage and recycling since you couldn't make the decision to which bin to put it in! Oh yes, here's another one.... stack the bins behind each other.... the truck arm reaches up and above the first garbage bin to grab the second bin... it also says on the can... face this side toward the street.... approx 5 feet from each other. I give garbage men a lot of credit... I shake my head at people in my neighborhood... which government employee would you miss if they were not on the job for a month? The mayor? or the garbage man??

I found a cell phone in the snow on one of my dog walks last week. It was on a street in the neighborhood, but not on the street we live. I wasn't sure what to do. It was open, so it actually looked like the phone on the right... and it was getting wet because of the melting snow. I picked it up and brushed it off. Noticed a picture on the screen of Robert Pattinson (British teeny bopper heart throb from the twilight series) and on the back was a sticker signature of Justin Bieber... so I figured the phone belonged to a teen who was rushing to catch the morning school bus. What to do? I took it home, dried it a bit. It didn't seem to be working. Let it sit... was able to go to the address book and saw mom.... but I decided not to call. Since I'm a parent (duh) I didn't want to have to wait for whomever to call me back to pick it up, yadda, yadda.... so, I took it to the local AT&T store and let them handle it. If my teenager lost their phone, I'm sure they'd be frantic and not even know where it was....and I guess I wanted the parent to be involved of having to go to the store to retrieve it. The guy at the AT&T store said it was a nice $$ phone, he thought it was kind that I picked it up because who knows what kind of water damage it might have gotten through the melting snow. I left my name and number and where I found the phone. but no one has called me.... this probably happens all the time.... I know one person who has dropped two iphones in the toilet.... within a few months of each incidence... goes out and buys a new one!


Although the kids and the hubby each have one, I got my first (electric?) battery powered toothbrush right after Christmas. I couldn't fathom the price... but since it was on sale with a coupon I snatched it up as my treat. I can't tell you how much I love my little toothbrush. I feel like I've come from the dentist every morning with a great cleaning. My recommendation of the day!!!
So one of these things is not like the other..... Furby is my picture, the rest are from Google Search!

1 comment:

Cheryl Houston said...

I love that you are giving the Garbage Man love!

I can't remember which European country it was where the sanitation company went on strike and the garbage just piled up all over the city! GROSS!

Thank you Mr. Garbage Man! I appreciate you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin