Friday, August 26, 2011

Magic School Bus

I saw this card... well really a similar card, because this is the one I CASed while blog surfing the other day and thought it would be perfect for a back to school letter, note to the teacher, reminder of the hard work ahead. I just love to look at these type of cards and try to figure out how to re-create them with the supplies I had on hand. The library tag (I made a template on my computer) can be easily pulled from the pocket and a surprise note written on it too!

The days are getting better, as I knew they would, and as another mother of a college bound kid said.... it takes about two weeks for things to be the "new" normal. I read that somewhere recently too, it takes 21 days to make or break a habit.

I ran into another mom while walking the dogs.... her daughter is going to a college 15 hours away (Bubba's one way trip is 3-1/2 hours and I thought that was long!) She said her daughter was having some difficulty transitioning. And she is so surprised because her daughter was so strong willed and confident about the choice of going that far away for school. The mom was at a loss of what to do, but support her over the phone. In talking with other parents, it makes me go to that emotional wave of sadness again, but it just reassures me that I am not alone... and of course that we mom's love our children!

I'll repeat a favorite quote of mine: Nothing lasts forever- not even your troubles.


1 comment:

Pam said...

Katrina called me just about every day...all year long last year! She's catch me up on what went on that day, and sometimes vent some frustrations too. The venting happened less once she had a circle of friends to lean on. It's a hard transition for them too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin