Monday, November 18, 2013

Don't Act, Do!

A little spark of kindness can put a colossal burst of sunshine into someones day.

 
Week #47 LIFE'S simple pleasures - RAKs
 
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty was first coined by Anne Herbert around 1982. A random act of kindness is  defined as a selfless act performed by a person or people wishing to either assist or cheer up an individual person or people.
 
Last week on November 13 it was World Kindness Day and Random Acts of Kindness week will be celebrated February 10-16, 2014.
 
Become a RAKtivist!!!
 


Hopefully you wont have to perform the act of reverse pick pocketing.... check out this YouTube video above.  These RAK's have a bit of extra work put into them!  It will make you smile.

During this time of year, most people reflect on what they are grateful and thankful for.  And sometimes they want to make the world a nicer place.  Our willingness to help strangers is flexible, and can be shaped in small changes of perception.

One way to do this is to actually go out of your way to make the world a kinder place. Do a RAK.
Brighten Someone's Day.

One small act of kindness may be the positive force that turns someones life around today. Be Kind.

PS: Often while doing research for my blog topics, I look through magazines and newspaper headlines, I reflect on something that may have happened in my own LIFE and I brainstorm, then I just type the subject idea into Googles search engine.  Although I work my topic around 'famous' quotes and sayings from others, by no means do I wish to pass that some of this very clever stuff is my own.  When I see that an author is part of the quote, I include that.  Sometimes there is no author name.  These quotes are normally written in larger italicized bold text.  Artwork that is my own will have my prdesign2013 watermark on it. So.... I'm just sayin'

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin