Friday, February 20, 2009

Good Luck

Here's a little lucky guy that I was inspired to make. I'm thinking here that St. Patricks's day really isn't THAT big of a holiday, but there have to be a few better images out there of little leprechauns, or clovers or something? I practiced with my shading here on this card. That is so fun give a flat piece of paper some dimension and with a little shadow, the image pops up off the page. (well a tiny bit) I did try to do some stitching on this card, but the bobbin wasn't really liking going through the card stock, so... I didn't get the smoothest look I wanted, but it's still kind of 'edge-y'.


We're off to Indianapolis today for a volleyball tournament. We're going to stop and have lunch at Arnie's in Lafayette IN, a favorite place we ate at every time we went 'home' to visit DH's parents. We're going to meet up with his mom today!! Then off for a weekend of volleyball.

This should be good... last year I drove in 6" of blinding snow/blizzard conditions and I was the team chaperone, first time ever doing that... and sheesh... some of the other parents... needed to take a chill pill, yikes!!! But this time, I've got my hubby with me, I'm NOT chaperoning, and we now know we can actually leave the 14 year olds behind and not have to worry. Cross our fingers for a fun weekend and some winning!!!

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

I can see all the wonderful shading on this card! you leprechaun is so cute! Hope the vball tournament goes well :) Hopefully not snow storm to drive though this year- they are calling for 3 to 5 inches of snow tonight though! Enjoy the family time! I will have my fingers cross that they WIN!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin