Saturday, March 14, 2009

Zindorf Groupies!

What a wonderfully fun day I had yesterday with Marilyn in Wheaton Illinois! We went to Michelle Zindorf's beginner brayer class!!! A brayer is like a small paint roller, except you roll ink on to your paper for background images when you stamp ( or sometimes draw) And here is the first card we created.

There is a bit of technique you need to practice to get a handle on how much ink goes where. I still have a line of blue that isn't quite feathered out.


Here is card #2. Love the color combo's. Michelle is inspired by looking at watercolors and often finds paintings that she prints a thumb nail from the computer, then uses it to inspire, creates, and then shows wonderful tutorials on her blog.


Card #3... my hands are still blue from the ink. I guess I really got into it. (Of course when I got home I had to play some more.) Michelle said it, once you learn how to use the brayer you really say OMG! this is so easy!! But there is room for improvement on my part, learning just how to bring the brayer down the page so you don't get the horizontal lines... she said you will always get the vertical lines, the feathered look.... practice, practice, practice! Can you tell I'm a novice, or would you like one of these cards???


Here we are, me (L), Michelle (C) and my friend Marilyn (R) (who is my SU! demo).


And finally, I won!!! I won a door prize of stamps! It was a great day to be off of work, taking a class that was fun, meeting up with other women who are awe inspired by Mrs. Zindorf's creativity, going out to lunch and driving through Illinois rush hour traffic on a Friday night! Fun, fun day!!!!


2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

I am totally GREEN with jealous! WOWZERS the card you made look FAB! Congratulations on winning a door prize! Looks and Sounds like a perfect day!

Cheryl Houston said...

I love the top one with the scroll. I check you out everyday through my reader but I feel like I'm redundant with "Oh Peggy! That on is cute!" Because they're all great! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin