Friday, March 02, 2012

If the shoe fits....


If the shoe fits, buy the matching purse!



*Caution: Please don't read this if you are eating!


I like shoes. When I was much younger I liked cheap(er) shoes because:
A. My feet didn't have a problem with the poor quality and structure
B. I could get a lot of different shoes for my hard earned money.


Years and years ago, I went shoe shopping with my *boyfriend of one week. It was our date to go up to Milwaukee shopping at the big mall. How fun was it to walk around holding hands, window shopping and browsing at all the cool things and getting to know each other.


I actually found a pair of shoes on that shopping trip. I remember them well, they were blue flats and they had a mesh weave pattern to them.


Although I'm the right height for my size, I like wearing flats and never felt that heels or even platforms were very comfortable shoes. I never felt short at 5"4-1/2", I was one of the tallest kids in my 6th grade class, but I stayed that same height forever. As a side note: one day when my kids were in elementary school I was told for the first time that I was short... maybe it was by some big 5th grader, neanderthal.


After our special walk around the mall it was time to come home. I am so glad I bought those shoes, because on the ride home I got sick. I was feeling a bit queasy and warm all of a sudden. It happened so quickly that I couldn't even tell my boyfriend, of a week, to pull over on the interstate. I reached down to the floorboard, dropped the shoe box out of the bag and stuck my head inside and let it spew.


I was so embarrassed! It was a new car, his first brand new car. But I was a careful girl. Eventually he was able to pull off the interstate and he put his hand on my back. Concerned if I was ok. It wasn't nerves, I felt so comfortable around him. It must have been something I ate (really... don't even go there). I actually felt much better after the incident.


If I hadn't bought that pair of shoes I don't know what I would have done. Now that would be a story if I tossed my cookies all over the interior of his new car! If there is a down side to the story, the only thing would be is that the receipt was in the bottom of the bag... it may have been tough to return the shoes (at that time) without a receipt. But I kept the shoes and I kept the boyfriend. They both fit!


*new boyfriend = now husband

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin