Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Too Sweet

Can something be too sweet?  I think so!  Maybe this card is to, too cute! 

 Of course the image is CASed. I believe this cute hedge hog and mouse are Penny Black design.  Off of a cute blog After Hours I learned how to use my a straight punch and make it look like a die cut frame.  By measuring the depth of the punch you can get double duty out of the punch cutting around a 3 -4 " square scrap of paper. This is one really cool technique.  I used Glossy Accents to make the cherries pop out a bit. Colored the image with water color pencils.

As much as I am intrigued by the WWW (world wide web) I'm not surprised that issues have come up again with bloggers.  A few months ago I mentioned that some die hard very (extremely) creative people were being cyber bullied.  The artists had truly given of themselves from the heART. Someone doofus went overboard and felt that they could criticize and demean the artist by writing awful things and she decided she couldn't take it anymore and was totally leaving the cyber world.

Now I see on Pinterest one of my favorite places to get inspiration and ideas is losing fans and gaining advertisers.  I don't know the complete story, so I could be part of the problem and not part of the solution, but because fans loved posting pictures of their favorite things, it seems that some copyright issues are coming into play...so, something that was to be fun and inspirational... now has people second guessing about pasting photos they copied from another site and giving appropriate credit.

Gives a whole new meaning to scrapbook or cardmakers ease of CASe-ing.... Copy and Share Everything.... I whole heartedly agree of giving credit where credit is do.... but you can't completely police the WORLD WIDE web.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin