Monday, March 26, 2012

On the Wings of Love

 Today, in the spot light, a fantabulous card and tags set that was mailed to a special  friend.  Making cards with a theme is a small challenge, yet I'm more than eager to have fun with it!!  I search through my colors of paper, I blurf (blog surf), I play around with scraps of this and that... and then I'm on a creative roll.  I used the computer to create the sentiments here, and actually ran my patterned paper through to be printed, not stamped.  They were actually scraps of pink/red and lime green paper.  I had to tape them down (lightly) to be held in place on the white  (8-1/2" x 11")  paper when it ran through the printer.  It's a trick you learn from some creative genius, who also runs tissue paper through the same way.
Here are the cute matching tags. Same scraps and similar shapes with hearts at the main theme and a little stitching to keep things interesting.   I don't know, other than giving away my creative greetings!! in little cellophane gift bags, all wrapped up rafia and a bow or mini scrap books or a combination of both... I don't buy a lot of presents.  Would it be a nice touch to have a matching card with a beautiful sentiment you write yourself, and then a gift tag that matches too?                       

Just smile for me and let the day begin
You are the sunshine that lights my heat within
I'm sure that you're an angel in disguise
Come take my hand and together we will rise ~ Jeffrey Osborn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin