Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What I learned from Zindorf




Okay, one of the things I want to learn this summer break, is how to figure out linking and set up the blog a bit better, for my own sake. I know I have a lot of lurkers out there (Hi Dad) and others who check out what I'm doing, but don't comment. It's easy, I think, just hit the comment line and follow the directions. Any whoo... A few months ago, I saw Michelle Zindorf's work, and fell in love with her card making techniques. Then found out on her blog, she actually has tutorials where you can make her cards. So, on this entry, you will find three attempts.
What Ms. Zindorf does, is lots of ink layering, the use of embossing powders, and masking of images. For instance, with the trees... they were inked first, then embossing powder was heated over them.... then I smooshed and rubbed and circled ink into a mask that was shaped as rolling hills. Then I made a little sun, from a circle punched into a 'post it' note.... smooshed the yellow tones around. Added a few embossed dots... then used the corner of my sponge and created unique background of triangular color rainbows. I'm just in awe. I've done a few other tutorials from her... the vases with a single flower, and the beach scene with flip flops. This is so cool, what you can do with layers of ink and a few masks!!!

EDIT: Sorry for so many typos before, yikes, I'm so excited to write and type that I'm not proof reading!!!

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

WOWZERS this are stunning! I love them!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin