Thursday, June 12, 2008

What's mew?

Based off the Whipper Snapper kitty cats (which means, I totalled case-d someone elses card, but drew the cats free hand on my own) here is a cute card... seems all week is animal themed. I'm still trying to work on shading, realizing the light comes from above... so it would be lighter on top with more shadow below, under a chin, on the bottom side of a tail etc...mostly using my water color pencils. I've been too lazy to pull out my new blender pens, I'm sure they would help create a better mutted color. Used a new cuttlebug background folder, stripes. Fiber always adds a fun touch. And if you haven't... you can always click on the picture and get an up close view to see some of the coloring a bit better.

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

I think that kitties look perfect colored like that! I am addicted to watercolors right now too! They are my true first love! I love that striped CB folder too! Looks like a storm is blowing in here again! URGH....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin