Monday, December 22, 2008

Anything, but a holiday post


So, as the card seasons pass to the next (I believe the snow theme can continue, but Valentine's is the next themed holiday) I thought I would create something other than a Christmas card.... and was inspired to create this lovely birthday card!
Used the cuttlebug and embossed half of the card, little stamping stub from Judith for the little flower, SU! for the birthday celebrations.
I love the layout and love using black framing, it sure makes the card pop. I also used my own flower punches, and using the gel pen, created the 'look' I wanted.... crumpled the flower a bit to make it dimensional. Tied on matching ribbon.
Brrrr, it's minus 5 degrees, and I'm not including the windchill. But it's sunny with blue skies!!!

2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

This card is stunning! It really does POP! I love the colors too! It is -8 without wind chill here! WAY WAY TOO COLD!

Evelyn S. said...

Because my birthday is on the 28th...a terrible time for a birthday generally....I'll consider this a beautiful gift! Thank you.

We have 10 inches of snow, but it's up to 38 degrees! Balmy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin