Friday, December 12, 2008

What goes around comes around!


This week at work has had a few special moments. One stands out above the rest. Since I am new in the office, many patients have been in a couple times a year, for years, so they know the rest of the staff. I am just the face at reception, with a smile, I'll take their money, hand them an appointment card etc... One patient was in the Christmas spirit. As she wrote out her check for services, she asked if she could make a donation, and help pay for another patient who might have difficulty paying their bills. Myrtle our billing and insurance person, who had exchanged pleasantries with her already, said, "Yes, that would be very nice". As things wind down, she tells me that times are tough around their house too this year, and they aren't able to give out as much as they'd like, but they find when they "Give" they receive so much in return! Wished me a Merry Christmas, handed me the other check, and went out the door. I looked at the check, it was for $500.00. I was shocked! But, it has really made me think, and made me think about passing this great story along on my blog. Maybe you will share the gift of giving, anonymously too!!


Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin