Thursday, April 09, 2009

Antiques groupings

This post is for something we are talking about at Highlowaha, but you are certainly welcome to look see. Not the best picture, but on the fly... this is one of my curio cabinets that has smaller stuff (crap) in it, all earthy tones, with a pop of color from the clown figurine.


Inside and outside view of the secretary I have in my front room. A friend helped me (sort of ) link things together, so we went with the silver theme (candlesticks and frames, serving ware) bright white (new serving ware) and clear glass (candle holders, little cup) and then tried to group them with varying heights and varying textures. Oval, round and square mix.


This cool piece is from my mother-in-law's house. Every time we'd walk by it in the dinning room the door rattled. I don't ever have that problem, probably because we don't have the squeaky un-even floors. There is a story to this piece as well, I think it was purchased for $5, used in the early '50s, But I love it!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin