Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What's a little flower without rain?

I know April showers bring May flowers, but sheeeesh!! It's been raining here 3 days straight. We don't have the rain gauge out yet, afraid it was going to freeze or get buried under snow, but I'm sure we have well over 2 to 3" of rain saturating the ground and making the worms rise up and litter the sidewalks, good appetizer for Cooper, yuk!!
On to much much cuter things!!
This project has been floating around SCS and I had to try it. I'm going to make tons more. A little flower pot pocket holder card with the flowers growing out on top.
If you'd want to know how I made the cute flowers out of a scalloped Nestie, or how to make the groovy leaves from the paper crimper... I'll send individual info out.
Here it is with the insert pulled out. I, myself am still going "too, too cute!!!!" It turned out much smaller than I thought, but yet the right size to fit into a 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 invitation size envelope.
Here are the first three I made. Can you tell which one was the experimental first card? It is one of these three!! Can't wait to make more.... with different flowers!


2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Love Love Love these flower pot cards! I am so sick of the rain! I want to play outside!

Chaotic Kristi said...

love those, and yes... would like to know trick on leaves & such!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin