Thursday, April 02, 2009

Bunny bunny

The Easter Bunny is a mythical character depicted as an anthropomorphic rabbit. In legend, the creature brings baskets filled with colored eggs, candy and toys to the homes of children on the night before Easter. Isn't it interesting the holidays and symbols we Americans have adopted? How a bunny is now the symbol of most of our Easter decor? As a generation who now complains and wants the true mean of tradition to come back to lite, what generation, those during the 40's and 50's wanted to bring light heartedness to the war torn Americas... and true original meanings changed out for mythical wishes of hope and happiness in a way we could understand!

Boy don't I sound smart or something? I just like cute and whimsy! I believe this bunny is from Whipper Snapper. Can't have a cute rabbit without a sidekick lady bug! Someone recently saw one of my cards with stitching on it and asked..."Do you really sew on your cards?" I said yes!! Have you purchased material lately? It's much cheaper to sew on cards, duh!! :0) Used the computer to get the sentiment the correct size to fit in the circle punch.

Eh, what's up, doc? - Bugs Bunny

.

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

This bunny is adorable! I love the colors! I guess when I think of Easter I think of bunnies and the cross. Are you done Easter shopping all ready? I have been working on mine today! Teenagers are HARD!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin