Thursday, April 23, 2009

First there were fairies, now Asian Ladies

Aren't these little ladies the cat's meow? As stated many, many times before... I just peruse the gallery at SCS and find a card that speaks to me, do a little doodle, add a little color, dabble in some bling...in this case some gold and sliver gel pens, CASE a layout to the best of my products on hand, and voila (my new favorite word by the way) a card is born, made and completed!!!!

Yikes! Re-reading my post, I'm so sad that I can't be original and unique! But let me tell you, it's so fun to try and re-create these images. That's my challenge!! I love the dark hair with the white gel pen used to define a hair strand.


It's confirmed though... drawing relaxes me (ha! from my tough day at work and being a mother, cleaning the house, taking care of the dog, and of course this gorgeous little ole me!). It's keeping me 'off the streets' and something else, but I can't think of it right now.... yup! Some day I'll be a big artist!!

I'm off to think about the dash... you know the line in between the born - died on my tombstone (head stone? grave marker) .... what will your dash represent??


2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

WOW WOW WOW! These Asian gals are so awesome! I do love the white gel pen in their hair too!

Drawing relaxs me too! However it does usually is not people that I am doing! I did do a mermaid for MMM and then painted her- it was a really challenge!

Cheryl Houston said...

I just know your dash is beautiful. :)

Have a happy day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin