Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Where to Start

Where do ideas come from?


After I wrote that line, I reread it and realized there is more to that once little sentence.  Where do GOOD ideas come from?  or Where do GREAT ideas come from?  or even, Where do BAD ideas come from?


I found out that ideas come from everything you experience. Some people draw their ideas.

That is how I am looking at my art.  I brought a few different ideas in to create this piece.
I'll name Bunny!!

As you can see from the above picture, I had a background of blues and greens and white dots. That, came from a picture I saw with cool colors.  I knew I wanted a cute girly and so I doodled and decided I wanted an Easter theme. I sketched the girl on regular white paper, cut her out and layered her on top of the dried painted background.


I 'glued' (mod podge) her to the background and then I colored her, or painted her in.  The surface is acrylic paint, markers and gel pens.  

Not sure what it is, but I think it is missing something, My idea is not complete!
  
The good thing about painting in a notebook is that I can just add paint over the top to change it, or enhance it, or eliminate it!


And then by capturing the photo with my iPhone camera and loading the picture into my computer, I can adjust color and add text with PhotoShop. 

And now my idea got bigger and better, or smaller and greater.... depending on how you look at it.

Imagination and creativity are the juices that produces great ideas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin