Friday, September 15, 2017

Memory Keeping

Hello Friends! 
There is an ebb and flow to writing and creating!  
I can't tell you how much I missed blogging!!!

This is the place that I wrote stories and shared experiences, and where I would show off my creations.  Sometimes, I thought why bother?  And then there were times I thought I had something good and positive to share and I just couldn't get myself to fully express a thought.
Cliches'... I'm willing to get back up in the saddle.

Another reason to come back to blogging and sharing pictures of daily life or cards that I create, is because it may the best place to keep it all safe! Right here on the WWW for the entire world to view! 

I have been following Becky Higgins
and she is in the business of Documenting Life.  Because of recent weather disasters, she wrote a very important blog post for family history documentors , memory keepers and scrapbookers ... how to keep these important memory books safe... during natural floods, hurricanes, tornados and unexpected fires and other natural disasters.  
Heavy Topic!

(insert cute picture here)


I still have a way to go in reading her post (it's long, but full of great content).... but I feel the topic is important for me to share as well.  I have been a journaler for-evah....I have made scrapbooks (faux and real), I take digital pictures, I edit digital pictures in apps and save them to computer hard drives... but what would happen 'IF' .... all those hours of creating scrap books, baby pictures, photo books etc....were tragically left behind and lost.


Pop Up Card - Custom made
card folds flat for mailing

It's important to back up, back up, BACK UP!  

But right now I'm so confused.  I don't know the difference between a USB, Hard Drive, Thumbnail, Icloud, Dropbox, fidgit spinner.... and if I'm going to be my own designated keeper of memories... I need to do it with some semblance of order.

So, come along with me on this new journey!!!!
... well, maybe not so new journey
..... and if you feel it's important to keep your memories safe, maybe I can help you get focused and we can share what we learn.

As always, I would love to hear from you!  I am open to constructive advice.  If you can't access a link on my blog, or something doesn't make sense, please send me an email.  I always say, I don't know, what I don't know!!!

Also, I make creative greeting cards and other hand drawn items.  Support local artists!
What can I create for you????

Brighten Someone's Day!!

Peggy Sue
prdesigns1@sbcglobal.net
SHINE ON

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin