Friday, June 15, 2007

How to make a 10 card gift pack










Hint: You do need to play around with sizes, dimensions and different cardstock, to get the feel of this package.

I start out with a heavier cardstock that is 12"x12". I cut it down to 9"w x 12"H. Using a scoring tool on the 9"W.... score at 1/2", 1-1/2", 7-1/2" and 8-1/2". On the 12" side, score at 2-1/2", 3-1/2", 8" and 9". Cut all 4 corners where your scoring meets (see photo). It will look like a plus sign. At this time, I stamp what I call the outside of the box. It is easier to stamp, sponge, color in when the box is flat. Remember the top flap and bottom support are facing up when they come together, the backside is opposite (important only if you care about your words facing up)

After everything is stamped, I fold on the scored lines, opposite that the backside or where you stamped. Once folded, you can see how the box comes together. Using red tacky tape, I cut to size and fold up bottom flap and adhere to the 1/2" fold of the sides. That is the only taping you need. I cut the very top edge of this fold at a angle so that when the upper flap closes it stays level.

I found that Making Memories has a magnet enclosure. Love it! But expensive. So, I found the velcro enclosures cheap! I corner rounded the top flap, and then I actually put 10 cards and envelopes inside the box with the velcro and it's mate adhered to the inside of the flap and press it closed so the velcro matches perfectly!! Take out the cards, ink the crisp edges of your box, and then using a small hole punch, I use a brad to attach the tag to the top of the flap. Add fiber or ribbon to make it more festive.

This box is for standard 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" cards, work with the dimensions for different sized boxes, or have less than an 1" frame if you put less than 10 in the pack.

1 comment:

shuggy said...

that's fantastick!! thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin