Sunday, August 24, 2014

Tag You're It

I had a little fun this past week on one of my days off!

I feel bad that I have limited time to write on my blog and 'show off'.  I used to be so diligent.  But I'm happy to say ... that LIFE has changed a bit, and a few things have to get rearranged.  And you know what?  That's OK!

I love a good deal, a bargain, a sale.... a steal! (Really not shop lifting)  but I was in another city last week and decided to check out their GWI (Goodwill).  It was a bit different than the one I work for.  And I found in the arts and crafts a few fun items that were priced just right!


 
This brand new TAG pad was 99c.  I loved all the papers and thought I could have fun with them.  So, I brought out my acrylic paints and stencils and other 'stuff', and started adding color.
 
 
I ended up painting 12 tags. 
 
While I waiting for each layer to dry I did much needed house work.  A load of laundry.  Vacuumed a room. Unloaded the dishwasher etc.... and then as my reward .... I went back to 'creating' another color or layer.
 
Mixed media.  Different colors, textures, hues, splotches.... random.
 
Not trying to create something here that is recognizable.... just adding color and leaving spaces open to see the base card. Pops of color to make a little whimsy.
 
 
Typed up some positive words that get mod podged to the tags.

 
Then, once all that is dry... added punched hearts, stars and flowers, buttons and finally ribbon.
 
I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do now, with those tags.  The are pretty big... 4" x 9".... where a 'regular' tag would be 2-1/2" x 3-1/2".  I could certainly add the tag as a 'card' for a wonderfully made creative greeting of some sort.... be it a crochet scarf, pack of note cards, or a cuff bracelet. 
 
You never know what kind of FuN MaiL might be coming your way!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin