Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Light the way


Visiting and photographing lighthouses are popular hobbies as is collecting ceramic replicas. In some locations, lighthouses have become popular travel destinations in themselves and the buildings are maintained as tourist attractions. In the US, National Lighthouse and Lightship Weekend is celebrated on the first weekend of August, and International Lighthouse and Lightship Weekend is celebrated on the third weekend. Many lighthouses are open to the public and amateur radio operators often communicate between them on these days.

Seems lighthouse images are popular these days on SCS. Here is an inspired card I made recently. I haven't put any sentiments on the inside yet... not sure if it's a great 'male' card or just a note... card. I just bought some new hemp twine, it seems a bit thicker than what I had before, but I think it does the job adding that bit of a courser touch!

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Gorgeous card! I love the way you colored this lighthouse!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin