Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Web Spooky Insert


A spider web, spiderweb, spider's web or cobweb (from the obsolete word "coppe", meaning "spider" [1]) is a device built by a spider out of proteinaceous spider silk extruded from its spinnerets. Insects can get trapped in spider webs, providing nutrition to the spider; however, not all spiders build webs to catch prey, and some do not build webs at all
Was inspired by this cute card from SCS. I'm thinking here that I have a rough time doodling spider webs, palm trees and bare trees with just their twigs on them. Oh yes, I can make it somewhat look like the subject, but I always need to have something right in front of my eye, each time.... I can't remember how to draw them. Something I need to work on.
I like the roughness of the paper, using open scissors to create the edging on the paper. A little ribbon from the $1 at target. I don't quite have out all my fall and halloween stuff, so right now the inside of the card is blank!

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Love that spider! It looks great! When I draw I have to look at what I am drawing too! Otherwise I make silly little creatures! LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin