Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Seeing Red

I'm feeling a bit melancholy today.



It's a lot of work to 'choose' happy. 
There is a lot of thought to be truly thoughtful. 
To carry your SHINE in your pocket when there are many cloudy days can be a challenge.

Cabin fever always happens at this time of year! People are grouchy being cooped up in the house because of unbearably could temperatures. Snow and slick roads cause headaches and accidents. Lack of sunshine causes severe mood alterations!

Yup, it kinda sucks!!!!!


Valentine's Day comes and love is in the air.  Yeah, so it's a Hallmark Holiday gone mad... but sometimes we need to be reminded to love the people who are always there for us.

 I'm still a bit wounded from a few very strange days at work.

We finally realized late last Friday afternoon that although we thought there may have been a full moon (?) it was indeed Friday the 13th.  

Customers had odd requests (against policy, which they can't understand why we have rules).  A few were not pleasant and demanding.  Customers left their carts unattended and others rifled through their goods.  Causing strange exchanges at the checkout counter.

Although I didn't work the weekend, the strangeness continued yesterday (Monday). A customer accused me loudly that I never gave him his receipt and was demanding a refund on his purchase. With the managers assistance in the situation, it was amazing how he miraculously found his receipt in his wallet when he opened it. He did apologize, but not before other customers and other employees heard his complaints.

Two customers 'ganged' up on me questioning the price of an item.  They both saw a sign that it was 50% off.  I was shown the sign.... they both had misread it. No apologies there.

The kicker to this strange day, is a customer who accused me of having an attitude. It wasn't enough that I wasn't even checking her items out ... her friend/sister was at my register wondering if her donated item worked.  I do not know, but you have 3 days, keep the receipt and you can return it if it's not working properly.  Can I put these batteries in it and test it.  Yes you can, but you have to purchase the items.  Do you have a screw driver to open the back. No we don't.  Can I return it to any GW store?  No, only those that are in our district.  After her purchase was made and completed, she searched through her purse stating she had something.... (by the way there are customers in line, waiting) as she continues to go through her messy purse, she repeats herself "I have a".... coupon?gift card? receipt?..... I don't know.  As her sister asks me if I am a manager.  I say no, and she says that I have an attitude.  I look at her as my face reddens.  What to say.... keep my mouth shut?  I keep my stare and say to her "God Bless You"..... she continues her glare.... and I say it again.... "God Bless You."

The next customer steps up in line and mumbles 'if you have a coupon you're supposed to place it before you order, idiot."  I just thanked him and continued checking out other customers.

Customer service?  Some may think it's a joke.  There is no customer service!  But try to give customer service?  And deal with some pretty harsh critics!!


Shower the people you love with love.  

That is the way to go.  Love and cherish the people you love!!!

There are some people in this world who will always find fault in what you do. They are miserable, sad people.  

Now, to take a deep breath and have a red velvet Valentine Cupcake!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin