Monday, October 24, 2016

Write On!

Hey there!
I'm glad you stopped by!

I don't want to stump you with a silly question, but is writing an art?  And is there a difference from telling a story and writing it down, and drawing beautiful characters for letters to create a beautiful message to be put on display? 

WRITING:  is a medium of human communication that creates language and through the inscription or recording of signs, symbols, characters and letters. In most ...
ARTArt is a diverse range of human activities in creating visual, auditory or performing artifacts (artworks), expressing the author's imaginative or technical skill, ...

I am so excited when I create something and it turns out how I wanted.  

So, am I doing writing, or am I doing art?

I practice... a lot... I certainly now know how to manipulate (in a good way) what I create... I don't want to say there are NO MISTAKES.... and I'm not reaching for PERFECTIONISM.... but if a creative opportunity  (an oopsie! drawing outside the line, a wiggle, wonky shape) comes along... I can 'hide' it or make it part of what I'm creating.... because when I practice... it's no big deal to continue on!!!

Check out my YouTube video creating a happy birthday doodle....



And then this is how it turned out.

You do know that you can pretty much write on anything, right???  I've shown this before, but chalkboard art decorations in your home are very popular.  I just watched a home improvement show they other day, and new home renovations actually have an entire wall painted with chalkboard paint... so the family can write little notes to each other!   Yeah, right!!!!  My chalkboard is a thrift find and I love practicing my hand lettering to create a fun seasonal sign.


So, sometimes I do use the computer to create a hand writing look.  I used lots of different art mediums to create a mixed media sign. This one is art, right?


I have found it somewhat confusing lately, that there are so many similar words being used to describe just ordinary things.  

Handwriting is writing created by a person with a writing utensil such as a pen or pencil. Handwriting includes both printing and cursive styles and is separate from formal calligraphy or typeface

For instance, handwriting is considered the art of creating letters and character by hand.... what comes to mind is calligraphy: decorative handwriting or handwritten lettering.

I guess any way you put a 'twist' on it.... practicing your handwriting is a really good thing for your mind and dexterity.  A Facebook friend mentioned that she was on a quest and had purposely practiced her handwriting for 600 days straight.  To some newbie that might seem overwhelming... some people really are naturals at some things.... but most of us need to practice.... not to seek perfection ... but to make it seem effortless and natural.  Seriously, anyone can doodle, draw, create.... some just have to practice more!

How many different things can you see to write on when you look above your computer screen ?!!!

Shine On
Doodle On
Write On
Right On!


post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin