Monday, February 24, 2014

Purpose, SHINE, Possibilities

I like good karma.

Karma means action, work or deed; it also refers to the principle of casualty where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual.

My Home
 
Every day I struggle with some of the choices I've made in my life.  And with in a 24 hour period I have found support in a few of my choices, but that doesn't mean I fully understand where this will eventually lead me. 

But I can't wait to find out!!!

Currently being an empty nester, I have had a difficult year of seeking and finding my purpose now that my job of being a full-time mother has come to an end.



Gradually, day by day I am able to fill my days and find things to help me be creative, I find ways to challenge my mind, and I am becoming content with being a 'home' maker... and making our house  a home.  But I still struggle.... is it ENOUGH!?!  Am I enough?  Do I give enough?

Am I lazy because I haven't found a paying job?  Am I self-fish because volunteer opportunities haven't appeared? Am I socially inept because my calendar isn't full?

So, within a short period of time I found a few fascinating things:

First, this quote by C.S. Lewis:  The homemaker has the ultimate career.  All other careers exist for one purpose only... to support the ultimate career.

I have read those lines over and over and over again.  Do I believe this?  Should I believe this?  For right now.... is this where I am supposed to be?

Secondly, I start each Monday by sending special people I love a quote via text.   I search for something specific for them.   And in my search I found a great quote for myself:


I might as well do what I do!
Do what I have right in front of me right now!
Do it the very best way I can ... or why bother?

As part of my morning ritual, I check out the news from overnight, look at my horoscope for the day and read 'my friends' blogs to see what's been happening in their lives since I lasted visited.

Today's post at the House of SHINE was totally relateable.

Claudia has had an aha moment ....
helping people connect with their shine is my purpose.
It's one of the reasons I'm here.

I try to 'spread SHINE' in my corner of the world... most days. She has helped me to seek SHINE.

And finally, I went to FACEBOOK and this was the first post that popped up on my screen:
Here are a few words from Stephanie's post:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?  .....  And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."

It's things like these .... 'signs' .... that really keep me going. It's the sort of validation that I need right now.  I'm still not sure of my purpose ... but I do know that whereever I end up, or whatever I do.... 2014 is my year of Possibilities....

Become a possibiltarian.  No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see POSSIBILITIES - always see them, for they are always there ~ Dr. Norman Peale

When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this - you haven't ~ Thomas Edison

Now off to
smile
sparkle and
SHINE!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin