Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Fall Walk

Social Media ....is the social interaction among people in which they create, share or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks.

For the longest time I couldn't remember that short phrase .... social media.  It reminds me of Social Studies and the Media Room in Junior High School.  But I guess that could be a realistic definition. 

Its the 'new' way people interact and communicate with each other through electronic devices.

Back then is was a battered and used social studies book with worn edges and dog eared pages, our name signed in the front.... and forbidden pencil markings in the columns. And 'media' or audio visual was the place the teachers' pet got to wonder the halls taking the long route to the library to 'check out' the overhead projector or film reels or even the portable TV on a stand.


 
UPDATE: I can't be positive the upload is visible, I tried.... if not you can click http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10731474_864491416917947_1548609675_s.jpg to start my fall video.... and or.... if you are viewing this blog post on the current day I posted, there to the right -----> in the Instagram spot.... click on the picture with the beautiful fall tree!!!
 
So, if the 'new way' works.... with my little portable phone, I was able to take pictures during one of my recent walks on a beautiful fall day.  I took the pictures and added them to a 'free' application that put them in a sequence and added music to make it into a 15 second movie.  That I then, was able to load back on to my computer, where I could upload it into my blog, for anyone to click on to view.
 
And a day in my life is captured as simple as that... and it now is spread around the world in a matter of seconds.  Who would have thought 35 years ago, social media would be one of the ways we communicate in 2014?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin