Sunday, November 02, 2014

Why I Blog

Over the years, I have had people ask me what blogging is, and why do I blog

I always found that question to be quite interesting, because I don't think I'm a technological whiz by any means, but why did I jump on board to the blogging world?

This new part of technology was starting to build up online, or on the computer called Blogging.
A blog (a truncation of the expression weblog)[1] is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web and consisting of discrete entries ("posts") typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first). Until 2009 blogs were usually the work of a single individual...

 
A little over eight years ago we moved to Illinois.  Just like any family move we had in the past, there is always an adjustment period when we get to the new house.  Organizing a new home, getting everyone settled in to their routines, finding music teachers and doctors, grocery shopping and home decorating, gymnastics and hockey practices, good vets and hair stylist, restaurants and car washes .... the list is huge.
 
At first, I used my computer and blogging as a diary, a place to write about things that were happening in our 'new' life, in our new home.
 
I used blogging as a tool to work on my writing style and my story telling.
 
 
I used it to 'show off' pictures of things I created, made, doodled, designed, cooked or costumed.
 
I used blogging after I took an online class or learned something new that I could describe and add pictures .... I learned how to enhance my photo taking and using all the tools the computer programs had to upload and download 'stuff'.
 
I didn't really think anybody would read my blog....maybe only those I invited. 
 
When I met new people and they found out that I created cards, or painted and designed something, they would ask if I had a website.... I had something more.... I had a blog and it was 'free-er' than a website.  At least if they made the effort.... they could actually see and read the story behind the creativity.
 

 
Often I have heard that some people couldn't find my blog, or they couldn't comment or they couldn't 'look around'.  That makes me sad, because I thought my 'thoughts' were very simple....and my blog layout is very basic, as I am a very 'SIMPLE' person. I'm not sure how to help others who come to visit.  Hopefully they aren't too frustrated when visiting me here at creative greetings.....whimsical paper crafts with a twist on LIFE!!!
 
I'm not afraid that I'm sharing too much personal information.  I guess know I'm pretty lucky.... I have strong core values, I follow the law and I don't 'really' use my blog to target or criticize an individual who may be different than me.
 
I use it to share things that are beautiful and things I think are interesting for others. It's a way to express myself... even if know no one is actually listening.... all the time.
 
At one time, I thought my blog would be a good way to 'sell' myself (things I make) .... but I discovered it was not.  All I know for sure is that I am embracing what I like and love and what I want to share .... and I like to show that on my blog!!
 
 
I got the opportunity to dress up for Halloween at work.  I did it because it was Possible!!! And I'm not missing out on any opportunities that let me express my whimsical side .... a bigger part of me really doesn't care what anyone thinks about me anymore .... life is too short to be any other way!
 
I write a blog because I can, it's fun, it's something creative, it's easy to share and it's become a positive habit in my life.  It helps me to spread SHINE and hopefully, Brighten Someones' Day!!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin