Sunday, January 24, 2016

Heart Across the Globe

It's all about the journey, right?
When you practice every day you get better at what you do.
I practice doodling.
I practice writing.
I practice converting hand doodles into electronic color pictures.
I have fun when I practice!

Below is my original 8-1/2 x 11 doodle picture representing Hearts across the globe.  As you can see, I take some things quite literally. 



After I took this picture, I uploaded it to Photo Shop Elements 8 and 'colored' it in. Shh, I found a mistake.  See if you can find it. 

I don't need to print it off, because now that it is in the computer, it has become digitized and can be up/downloaded wherever I want it to go.


The un-colored version is going to the Doodle Institute as a contribution to the next coloring book.  

Not sure what I'm talking about?  A few months ago I signed up for online classes at the Doodle Institute.  It's an online community of doodlers, artists and like minded creative types.  As part of an on going project with our leader Diane, she decided to create a published coloring book with our artwork.  In doing so, she took us along with the process, showing each step of the way. 

Our collaborated coloring can be found on Amazon here.


post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin