Sunday, January 17, 2016

I Will Contribute

Week 3  *  DO52  * Contribute

About a month ago, Claudia asked me if I would be willing to contribute some of my talents to the House of Shine, specifically facilitating the DO52 Facebook page.  I'm not shy. Some of my strengths are that I am organized, devoted and dependable.  I said yes!  How can you not say YES to Claudia! What is one word a week.... compared to all the things that go on in the day of a life?

Outer order contributes to inner calm - Gretchen Rubin



I'm sure many of you have heard of The Happiness Project?  The quote above and the book are written by Gretchen Rubin.   Throughout the past few years I have read her book and followed her on social media, as well as many other... personal help gurus. The Gifts of Imperfection, Brene Brown, and The Last Lecture, Randy Pausch, and The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren. That list goes on and on and on!  I think their insightful help books are fantastic.  My problem is.... whose plan do I follow?

New Year! New You!  What to do?  Well DO52 of course!  But how?  You're busy right???


I've said it before... I love to learn.  I love quotes that fit into my life. I love finding 'signs' that let me know I'm on the right path of my journey.

Bottom line... I don't have the end all answer.  But what I do have is a lot of 'spunk' when it comes to encouragement.  I believe in validation.  I believe in positive re-enforcement.  I believe there is a lot of good in the world.  We just need to take time to see it!

If you have accepted the challenge at the House of Shine to purposefully jump start and enrich your life, take a moment right now and select your next DO52 stick.  Think about your new verb. And take action!

Finally, please contribute here on Facebook... I'm prompting you to SHINE a little brighter. Remember to have fun with this!!

If you are an over achiever like me, click the link below for some further insight from Gretchen Rubin ... to help clear the clutter...

http://gretchenrubin.com/happiness_project/2013/10/do-you-fall-for-any-of-these-common-clutter-clearing-myths/

The powerful play goes on and you will contribute a verse - Walt Whitman


post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin