Tuesday, July 08, 2008

What's my card average?


That was a recently asked question by Cheryl! Hi!! I know Kim has asked that type of question before too, and those who receive my cards often ask, how and when do I do my 'cardmaking'? It's not that I'm different... but I am a highly organized person... my kids are both teenagers (yikes the baby just turning 13 last week)they don't NEED me other than to take them here and there, or watch their sporting events, I walk my dog about twice each day, my husband works fulltime (away from the home)... and cardmaking is my hobby! I love to do it! I miss it if I'm away from creating, I make a point to do it daily... and quite frankly... I don't go to the gym, I don't make tee times, I'm not off at the 'club', I have healthy parents, the social level in my neighborhood is minimal if not only on the weekends, and I'm currently 'off' for the summer because I was a teacher's aid (paraprofessional). My social calendar is pretty quiet... If I am truly inspired, I could sit and create in my office up to 5 hours a day (I go in and out, clean a floor, put in a load of laundry, check an email, make a card, take a kid here, walk the dog, start a new card, putzs in the yard, read a chapter, go to the dollar store, make a meal, finish a card... see the method of my madness??)

So, to answer the question... at least one card a day... if I am inspired and having a slow mom day, up towards 5 or 6 cards.

This card creation is for Charley. Her mom needed a 'thank you' because they were on vacation and someone was dog sitting her, and the host family are Cub fans!! (booo, but I had to make the card!!)

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Your day sounds much like mine, but my boys need me a little more than! So I usually get up early and work in my studio! Love the Cubs card! So cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin