Monday, July 14, 2008

With Deepest Sympathy




Sympathy is a social affinity in which one person stands with another person, closely understanding his or her feelings.

Sympathy cards are the hardest for me to create.
A. They are not fun and whimsical, like I try to have most of my cards express.
B. Yet they have to express sincerity

Here are a few cards I made last week. I am enjoying butterflies lately, and I think they work intertwined in a sympathy card... floating up to heaven as a new life from the cacoon! Used Watermark ink to just leave the stain of the image. I also found some rub-ons from Big Lots($1) and thought the stark white box on the card looked simple, yet elegant.

Off to funner things... or more fun subjects! Or something just simply fun!

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Gorgeous sympathy cards! I have a really hard time making sympathy cards too! I usually end up going and buying one! LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin