Friday, March 20, 2009

A Happy Birthday post

Wouldn't it be funny if I came up with a blog post that I said I was soooo creative, I designed my own card? That would be funny!! Too much work. I so have fun being inspired by other card makers, working with their layout, using the materials I have on hand to create similar color combos and drawing or improvising with the image. Here is a fine example of that work, inspired, but truly my own! Does that make sense? Used $1 stamps to create the background swirly flower. Scrap paper... love this stamp from SU! but don't have it... so using a tiny flower stamp, I make my own birthday cake!! I love making the 'perfect' bow too!!!



So although there are blue skies outside this morning, it's a nice brisk 20 degrees. The high schools are out for the first day of spring break. I wonder what Bubba will do today???

2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

I love this layout! Your cake is awesome! The perfect box is just bliss!

K Hutchinson said...

The perfect BOW is bliss- sheesh..I guess I have not had enough coffee yet! LOL

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin