Saturday, October 17, 2009

Blast from the past

Looks like these pictures were taken in 2005. Yep! that's right! Aargh, my computer with all of my picture files is on a temporary assignment.... ugh! The dreaded blue screen! Something is going on and I can't use it. I really hate when computers don't work and you don't know how to fix them. So, I moved over to the big Dell computer the kids do homework on, and found I still have some files in this big lug!

Here is an Adirondack chair I painted for a school auction over 4-1/2 years ago. We were living in Wisconsin then.

On the arms of the chair, the kids in this class that donated the chair, put their thumbs in paint and then pressed it into the arms. I made silly bugs out of their print. Then actually copied their signature and used carbon paper to copy it and in gold pen signed their print. If I remember right, the chair raised over $400.

Happy Saturday. Yay! The sun is shining. We plan on taking family pics tomorrow, cross your fingers!



1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Sorry to hear about your blue screen of death! Hate it when that happens! Your chair is awesome! So dang creative to make the kids finger prints into bugs!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin