Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Feeling a Bit Scrap Happy

- Punch & Peggy
- More countdowns

I love my Christmas cards this year, the one's I send out and the ones I just make in case I get an order (which I did.... 16 holiday cards, yippee!) Here are two sample cards, but just love the punched out bird... and then making an ornament just out of a circle punch! Wow!!

I was watching Heidi Swapp's live UStream feed a few weeks ago (if you care to know what this means, just email me) and she was talking about traditions of her holiday cards. And something she said really resonated (to be understood or receive a sympathetic response) with me!

* I enjoy making cards,
* I enjoy signing my card,
* I enjoy creating a Christmas news letter,
* I like saying Merry Christmas, not always Happy Holidays,
* and does it really matter if you don't get a card back, if you love what you do, what you create!!!

What Heidi did that night was show some of the cards her grandfather had created in the 195os. It was a family production (at the time her dad was a one of 4 kids drafted into helping put printed cards on the living room floor to dry) of a personal printer, cut outs or die cuts, layering.... and friends and family looked forward to getting her families holiday card. He made 100s each year. Heidi's Aunt eventually made a scrap book with original sketches and actual left over cards. The designs were simply adorable and fit the fifties themes! What a keepsake!

And I really like what she said as she finished her broadcast. If this makes you happy, create!

Countdowns:
To the end of the school year and final tests.
To the beginning of Winter breaks
To Christmas and adventures
To the New Year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin