Thursday, July 28, 2011

Getting My Groove Back

I'll probably be repeating myself until I get back into my groove!! Hopefully, not too far back into the groove that it becomes a rut.... but I really like cards with monochromatic color : tints, tones, shades... of a single hue. And, I am liking multiples as well. The card layout above would be considered simple... 5 hearts punched out, a line doodle with a nice sentiment. You could do it in any color scheme... or with snowflakes, butterflies, flowers.... the possibilities are endless!!


While on vacation I read an article that really hit home a bit. It's from Be Bad, Be Happy by Gay Norton Edelman:

"Getting out of your groove actually lays down new neural pathways in your brain, which creates freshness, newness, optimism and hopefulness".


The above picture is from our afternoon visit on July 24, 2011 to the Hilton Head Island shores of the Atlantic Ocean. It is such a wonderful perspective of the umbrellas all perfectly lined up in a row. Perfect for CASE-ing on a card, don't you think?


"On any given day we are evaluating whether we'll go with the flow or make waves."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin