Thursday, July 07, 2011

Paint Bucket Mini



Tiny cuteness... it's amazing what you can learn on the Internet. I would never have known that Home Depot created these interestingly cute gift card holders until I went to a favorite blog Ustream video, and she was showing how to make a tiny, tiny scrap book that fits inside the paint bucket. A male scrapbook, which is rare.


The other cool part was using paint chips to create the pages. They are approximately 2-1/2" by 3". I just used materials on hand to create the closure or the ball chain. Added a washer and pop can pull tab. Another interesting thing I could have used was a paint stir stick as front and back covers. This would be a great gift completed for Father's Day... add tiny pictures and there are spaces for adding journaling fun family events!

The tiny plastic gift card holder was not FREE, that cost $2.99 and they had other gift holders like a grill, a tool box and a carpenters level. This just goes to show that crafters can create something out of anything.... card makers have been using FREE paint chips for years as background papers and for matching color combination contests. Maybe another time I will highlight a toilet paper tube mini scrap book.... awesomely cute. Re-cycle ... re Use.



1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

OH my gosh, how cute is that little bucket! I am going to have to fun out to HD today! Love that you put a mini scrapbook in it! TP rolls ROCK! I love using them lots of projects!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin