Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Soft & Subtle

This is the matching card to go with the mini scrapbook!

Well, it's a good thing... I've had plenty of time for creating this summer. Hot Hot days in the high 90's makes the nice air conditioned house a great place to be.

I find it interesting about airconditioning... in the Pacific Northwest (Seattle) they have only had 76 hours of 75 degree or hotter.... they don't need airconditioning there. I knew someone who built a home over 10 years ago and they didn't add airconditioning.... yes, they had all the duct work and piping... just didn't want to spend the money on a unit, 'cuz they didn't think they'd need it. And last night I was watching a re-run of King of Queens, and they were talking if they had gone to Vermont instead of Florida, they wouldn't be needing airconditioning....

Love my airconditioning is all I'm saying!!! Instead of making 'just' cre8tive greetings.... these mini scrap books have been fun and a challenge. I follow Laura's tutorials on her Ustream channel at Follow the Paper Trail. Although she sells her kits and patterns, I like the company when she chatters away and follow along creating my own stuff, similar, yet different.




Look inside, here are the pages of the mini scrap book, places for journaling and places to add mini pictures and pockets for souvenirs and scraps from the events.



Love adding the embellishments. Although, this is another reason I tune in... I have a lot of 'stuff'= embellies, but not always sure how and when to use them. With the mini scrap books you can embellish away with anything... because the book is thicker than a card, who cares how much more you add to it!! I always have a problem with some of the new card designs out there with big puffy flowers, huge ribbons, folded paper oragami... who could send that through the mail without paying extra postage... and I hate paying extra postage!!!


Have you sent some FuN MaiL lately????


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin