Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Buy More Creaative Greetings!

Today I'm getting back to some of my whimsical paper crafting roots!

There is no doubt about it.... the satisfaction of creating a greeting card from bits and pieces of paper, some glue and doodles and a few other things too, makes me so happy!

 
There is a lot going on with this card!!! But, at least they are all in the same color scheme.... monochromatic.
 
I think maybe 9 layers of patterned paper.  A few doodles, a punch out and a sentiment.  Is it too much???  I was by the card aisle in my local grocery store and I saw they are selling Papyrus cards.
 
 
The word Papyrus (pah·pie·rus) comes from the earliest form of paper crafted from the papyrus plant. PAPYRUS was founded in the family kitchen of Marcel and Margrit Schurman in 1950.
About Papyrus
Inspired by a love of fine art, they had a vision for products of uncompromising quality which provided the starting point from which genuine personal connections are made. They presented their products in an inviting gallery setting to encourage engagement with the products and with a friendly helpful staff.
Their cards start at $6.95Hello Smiley Face

And yes, you can find some cheaper on clearance.


 

 
I went out and splurged on a cute die-cut set that has this HELLO punch, the arrow punch and the Instagram photo holder punch!

 
But to compete ( ha ha) I need to get up-to-date tools and embellishments, markers, paints and colors!

Know anyone that you'd like to send an original creative greeting to?  My cards start at a more reasonable price of $3.00.  And I definitely promise you will not find another card on the market that looks like one made by prdesigns!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin