Tuesday, June 17, 2014

To Observe or Not to Observe


ob·serve
əbˈzərv/
verb
verb: observe; 3rd person present: observes; past tense: observed; past participle: observed; gerund or present participle: observing
  1. 1.
    notice or perceive (something) and register it as being significant
  2.  
 
Do you know what journal prompts are?
 
They can be for a creative writing entry or an artistic entry. 
 
Thinking of what to write is the most difficult part of keeping a regular personal journal.  (or for that matter, a blog that has a TWIST on LIFE)
 
There are tons of places to find things to write or draw about.  Being given one word to write about or draw/doodle in a journal is a popular prompt. 
 
This week, the house of SHINE has given the prompt to observe.
 
Going back a few years when I was blogging about LIFE'S simple pleasures.... people watching was one of my posts.... I guess that qualifies as observing.
 
I enjoying observing human nature.  I get to do that a lot at my job.  I might have less than a minute to be around a customer and I have to spew out a lot of information in a very short time to convince, entice and placate a customer.  Sometimes, a smile alone doesn't quite do it!
 
So, what I observe is that some customers are very pleasant and others don't hear a word you say to them.  And I'm learning to NOT take it personally .... but if I don't take my job seriously... I can't give quality customer service .... which is an affect on my personal way of conducting my job, it effects the way I work to the best of my ability.
 
I observe LIFE all the time.  It's a good word to journal about.  I think today, I need to observe my backyard as opposed to customers in the store I work at. At least in my backyard I feel really good about my observations!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin