Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I'm Some Piece of Work

Hello, and Happy New Year's Eve.... day!

Is everybody refreshed and ready to start 2015?


If you have followed me for any portion of the past 8 years of blogging here at PRDesigns, you may have seen that for about the past four years I have 'named' my year.  That is, I don't like resolutions, mainly because I've not kept them and most studies show that when someone declares a "New Year's Resolution".... often for most, 21 days later, they have broken down and not continued.  

I didn't like doing that either.  So, a few years back at the House of Shine,  the Year of ... was introduced.  If you Google search around the Internet you will find many positive thinking bloggers have got on this bandwagon.... one word that will describe your year.

I've had the Year of...
Balance
Back to B.A.S.I,C.S
Simple Pleasures

This year was the year of POSSIBILITIES .....

And for 2015, I've given it a lot of thought, it is the year of PROGRESS.
*movement forward or toward a place
*process of improving or developing something over a period of time

I was trying to find the most perfect word for 2015, but I was dwelling too much on the words meaning as opposed to what I want the word to do for me.....my other choices were: restoration, refurbish, authenticity, movement .... ultimately I want to be ME, but an improved version of me.  I want to find simple pleasure, or balance, or the basics.... but take it one step further!

It's like I'm Peggy 1.0 right now, but what I want throughout 2015 is to be more of Peggy two point oh ... get a few bug fixes and update and then become Peggy 3.2 (Three point two) etc....  

I know along the way that some of the bug fixes and updates might not work.... but I'm going to find a way to go that extra umph  in all that I do.


I already have a few projects in mind that need updating.  And mainly what I want to do, is learn more about making a forward movement with my gifts and abilities and purpose.

There's more than one way to skin a cat (ewww) but what I'm looking forward to in 2015 is to become somewhat new and improved in my next half century. And, of course I'm still going to SHINE and definitely make a point to Brighten Someones Day.

Stop back here throughout the year,  and see what kind of PROGRESS I'm making!!!



2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

I love seeing your art and what you are up to. What a great word for the year- Gosh, I have not come up with mine yet- tick tock! LOL! Happy 2015 and I can't wait to see what you do this coming year!

Peggy said...

Thank You so much Kim! I appreciate your words. Peace be with you at this time, I'm sorry for your loss.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin