Friday, January 23, 2015

Settle for Progress

I love nothing more than a clear cut sign.  

It helps to affirm that I am on the right track.

I got a lot of those signs today! Actually, so far..... 3 signs


  • I found this quote on Instagram from someone who I admire.


We must dismantle our perfectionism and settle for progress.

2015 is my year of PROGRESS .... and I love when I find it!  

I always thought the 'word' perfect is over-rated.  I don't want to be 'perfect', I want to do the best I can at what I do. Strive for progress not perfection.

  • And then paraphrasing my horoscope: While you may already be questioning some of the resolutions you moved into the year with, this is what is making 2015 so exiting, a year full of adventure where you have the freedom to change your mind or make it up as you go.  At this point nothing is written in stone.... and.... you have to be willing to take a risk even though there is the unerring law of Karma which says that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Expect the best today as it may indeed be one of those days in which you are blessed with the unexpected.

  • While I was working out today to train for * 13.1 NYC 4.19.15 an older gentleman (35 years older)  that I was riding a stationary bicycle next to started to chat with me just as I put in my headphones.  He didn't think he was interrupting me.... and a half hour later we ended our conversation with how small the world is when you take a moment to listen to the person next to you.

I am so happy that I had the day off from work today.  Because I was able to work on some other things... I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday! 

Now that's PROGRESS

*more to come 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin