Sunday, January 18, 2015

Somewhere in a Rainbow

There sure is a lot in the world that can bring you down.

Sometimes I wonder, should I watch the news so that I know what is going on, or should I turn away and play ignorant to bickering between government officials, the tragedy of innocent killings in the name of evil, the sensationalism of overpaid Hollywood actors and professional sports athletes and the sadness of personal family trauma locally.

Yikes!  This is a dilemma


Even writing that paragraph above upsets me.  I understand that we don't live in a "Leave it to Beaver" world anymore, but where do you draw the line of being an informed, concerned and compassionate human being, to an indifferent, uncaring and unfazed pile of DNA.

Everything in moderation, I guess.  

I am aware of the sadness.  I pray for peace and understanding ... and I do say... I am only one person.  
For now, what I can do, is be the rainbow in someone elses cloud. 

Not everyone can be fixed nor every thing 'needs' to be better.  It's how it is supposed to be.  People are who they are.

When I work, when I meet someone new or when I talk to a friend who is having a tough day ... I can help light someone elses darkness...

....Be the rainbow... rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in droplets of water resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky....In my little corner of the world I put my 'game face' on and hopefully on some days bring some 'color' to others who are having a tough day. That's what I am suppose to do.  

Use and share my 'gift' of SHINE ....  
.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin