Saturday, June 13, 2009

Florida 3 ~ v-ball1

Okay! We've been down in Florida for three days! I love the weather, yes, a bit extreme
(my car read 101 yesterday afternoon about 2pm) when I found out that it was 54 and rainy in Illinois today. All us notherners were sweating like pigs at opening ceremonies.... just standing there the sweat was dripping down my back! Well yes, I was doing the Macarana! And it's day 1 of volleyball!

Last nite they had opening ceremonies for the AAU National Volleyball Championship at the Disney Wide World of Sports. There were over 450 teams there from Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois and other states, plus the most teams were from Puerto Rico!!!!! All girls from age 10 up to age 15. I believe the older girls play later next week.

It was almost like watching the Olympics with the girls parading in. Many of the teams must have done this kind of event before... if it wasn't for the last minute thinking of the team mom/chaperone Jean we wouldn't have been noticed. She had a friend make bright lime green shirts with our team name( and a big Mickey eared volleyball) etc... on them. Girls from Texas had cowboy boots and hats on. Girls from Hawaii and cute flower shirts and wrap skirts on. Puerto Rico was brightly adorned!! There were pom poms and mardi gras beads, candy, and beach balls being tossed in the stands. Over 5,000 girls in the baseball staduim plus families and chaperones to start off the 4 day event. It was really cool.

I must admit my best friend NANCY, the name of my trusty GPS has been a godsend in helping me to get around Orlando. However, she doesn't always speak up quick enough and it's easy to miss an exit. oooops!!!

Well, I've layed by the pool for a couple of hours, feels good (soory honey) the girls start play this afternoon at 2:30... finishing some time tonight after 8:30.

Go SkyHigh 14 Red!!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin