Saturday, July 25, 2009

Flowers are like diamonds

Ooh, not planned but I like how these two cards match or contrast with each other. Totally unintentional, but I'm so happy they do and I could share them together!

I love the background paper on the birthday card. It's a very faint patterned paper that I came along and added the swirls... I think the color is SU real red... and it matches the paper so amazingly!!! The little flower stamps are Stamps by Judith... I just love those stubs I bought 6 years ago and wish I had bought more.... but I wasn't working then.... well I'm not working now...anywhoo! (Can you tell it's a big deal for me about working... it really is a big part of my identity that I have no control over currently.... like being a mom isn't enough!)

The other card, love the colors, I also just used a plain cardstock, mmm thinking.... is it river rock? And used the gel pen to add the dots to it.

Where flowers bloom so does hope.- Lady Bird Johnson



2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I know what you mean about work! This is my third summer being home with the boys and I sure do miss going to work but love getting to spend so much time with my guys!

Chaotic Kristi said...

nice pair! And, native of Tx, I love today's quote!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin