Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Zindorf 7-12

This card is unique and different. I took my ink pads (with Michelle's help and the tutorial) and dragged the edge down my paper to create vertical lines. You could get a different effect depending how hard you pressed on the ink pad and if you just used part of the edge. Then I came back and did the swirls. Then drew in the flowers, coloring them in with a white gel pen. Added the ribbon and brads, and then did the assembly of the card.

Work story: When you go to the MEDICAL doctor and you have MEDICAL insurance, if the receptionist asks to see your MEDICAL card to make copies.... don't give her a hard time. She is copying the information down so that it is accurate and up-to-date and so that the insurance person bills the INSURANCE company and not YOU!!! I really don't care that EVERYTHING is the same as last year, or even for the last 50 years.... the office I work in, the office policy is to ask and confirm your personal mailing/phone information and to make copies of your INSURANCE cards, that's my job!!

What these patients don't realize is that we see up to 22 patients a day, I do not know EVERYONES medical issues, their insurance planes nor do I specifically know where they live or when their last visit was. (All of that can be checked in their MEDICAL chart, or on the computer) Thus the reason for me to ask, confirm and copy it. It's my job. Huffing and puffing about having to get your medical card out of your tight wad wallet does not allow you to whine and complain once a year to show the office proof of your insurance. Yes, if you are over 65 years old, your Medicare insurance probably NEVER changes, but supplements might, and I don't discriminate for age, we ask EVERYONE the same questions.

Me, I'm different, I make sure I have my card in hand when I check in. I hand it right over to the receptionist, because I know that it's a courtesy for me for them to actually bill my insurance, so then I don't have to submit claims!

2 comments:

Chaotic Kristi said...

Hey girl!! I CASE'd this one, sorta, when I saw it on MZ's site. I am SO looking forward to taking her class in March 2010!!! I have not gotten thru the cards previous to this one so I've not posted it yet. I am posting them by upload, sigh.

K Hutchinson said...

This is sooo cool! I love the swirls and the ribbon! The colors are dynamite!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin