Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Smile and the world Smiles with you

I don't know, I needed a title for today, and this is the best I could come up with!!!

Here's a card I CASE-d from the latest SU! catalog. Oh, I've probably told this story for a million times, but ah heck, it's my blog and I can repeat myself.

I've been making greeting cards for probably 25 years now. Started out drawing caricatures of friends and people, then I used computers and clip art, then was introduced to SU! through a home party in 2002, and now I still draw images, use stamps from a variety of different companies and use the computer. I love to draw, well probably love to COPY!! Being original and creating something from memory is hard for me.

When I can, I will let you know if something is a stamped image, or most of the time I draw the whimsical images. Believe me, I have practiced and practiced and practiced. And I love to draw, that is my challenge to get as close as I possibly can to something I see. Thus the reason I really love to make cards! I feel the satisfaction of almost instant gratification. There is so much to do with color, paper, accessories, ink, markers, pencils, fiber and all of the above.

Thanks for stopping by to see what I create.

Side note: Most all items are for sale! However, I do send out RAK's to those who love my work, and if I have your address!!!


Life is so unlike theory.

2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the 3 panels! The image is sooo cool!

Good luck on the job search!

Chaotic Kristi said...

how great is that??? I have the new catalog already and I have tabbed several of the pictures as jumping off points. You know I don't draw....takes so long! But I like to use the format ideas and mix up the images from my stamp collection or clipart. I love seeing what you come up with every day!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin