Friday, May 20, 2011

And they lived, happily ever after....

Next year one of my dreams will come true, I will be with this man for more than half my life. It's just something I always thought about.

Yesterday we celebrated 21 years after saying I do on May 19, 1990. I like this picture a lot. True smiles... not posed ones. We are laughing because we can't cut into our wedding cake. We are trying, and trying and laughing .... thinking how hard it must be.... our photographer John says to wiggle the knife a little bit, slide it back and forth.... boom.... sliced! Unbeknownst to us, we were trying to cut the plastic tier that supports the next layer.... knife ain't going to cut that!!

Frugal, frugal.... my mom and I made my veil... I wrapped the head band and added the beading....she sewed on crochet flowers on the toulle that matched the lace in my $125 dress from JC Penney Outlet. Along with my friends mom, we made all the boutonnieres, flowers, cake topper and ribbon on the knife.... did I really save all that much money?

Sissy thinks everything about me is puffy.... puffy hair, puffy veil, puffy sleeves.... I like how happy and young we look!!! I love this guy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet photo! Happy times for sure! Happy Anniversary! My wedding dress was under a $100 :) Time seems to pasted so fast!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin